Thursday 4 April 2013

to homeschool or not to homeschool.. that is the question


so... i love love when I homeschooled my four kids and I loathed loathed not having one second to myself EVER.  So I'm afraid I found I needed time to myself and then found a part time school.  They are all there full time now and guess what... I need time on my own. however, now when they are home there is  not enough time for them to get all the attention they need.. What do I do.

If you think part time is the best of both worlds... it isn't. It's the worst.. They miss something important in the week and confuses them and then on the home days you (I) have a vague sense of guilt that I should be covering what they are doing in school. But then the school know how to teach their subjects and I would just confuse the issue.. AAARRGH. To be stuck in what I like to think is best (home) and what the rest of the world think is best (school) is not a great place to be.

Update.. I've just come across this post that I didn't publish from a few weeks ago. I can tell I was in a state because through our educational life we have pockets of time where it everything (for one of the children) goes wrong and I feel hopeless in the face of it.  We are on our easter holidays now and so the problem is not so acute and so I subsequently feel quite chilled about it all.  I'm pretty sure that if I had the courage of my convictions I'd have two of them at home and two would be at school, but I just can't seem to muster up the wherewithal to submit myself to both.

so... here we are on a lovely lovely cornish spring day enjoying the dry ground for once..  Thats the littlest boy painting outside and then the littlelest girl lying in the den that I MADE.. Oldest boy suggested den making and then proceeded to pay the slightest attention to the den that I MADE... Middle boy was actually very  helpful for ten minutes and then insisted on a break.. which took three hours. What he is going to feel when he gets into the workplace and realises that it is the other way round,, I don't know!.
 




No comments: